Boxers you have met in real life

I don’t really follow much UFC but that’s cool man. Well I watch it on occasion but don’t really know many of the fighters. I tend to get a bit bored with the groundwork - not that I don’t appreciate the skill.

How come your friends of so many SJ? Do you fight yourself?

I can’t see fury gunning for Joshua like he did wilder. Wilder has 1 very good punch. Joshua has a bit more about him and also he is stronger. Fury was able to bully wilder. Don’t think he could do that with josh. I like both but am a fury fan. Remember watching his early fights and on channel 5? He was young but it was easy to see he was a future star.

He is looking incredibly trim. I don’t know why but this concerns me a bit. I thought his weight v Wilder was ideal. But perhaps he has a different game plan this time.

1 Like

Mate that’s cool as f**k!! You’re friends with some serious killers there, Ricky Simon future UFC champ in my eyes. Are these guys all still at team Oyama?

With you on that one mate, don’t be expecting that Kronk style to make an appearance in this fight Tyson’s a lot smarter than that😏

Nah I don’t fight, Louis used to live in my neighborhood before moving to Irvine, Tyson is my uncle’s nephew and I’ve been a fight fan ever since I could remember. First event I ever been to was K-1 in Hawaii with BJ Penn vs Renzo Gracie as the main event :boom:

2 Likes

Ricky is ATT Portland formerly Gracie Baja but he does cross train at Oyama with Louis :call_me_hand:t4:

That’s cool man I’m a big MMA fan especially when it comes to the Hawaiians, Max is my all time favourite.

Definitely Max Holloway but before he became the “Pride of Hawaii” it was BJ Penn

My only question is whether AJ can take Wilders punch. As he doesn’t have the defence of Fury, and probably not the chin - also much more predictable and robotic meaning an easier target for Wilders right.

Yeah Wilder catches 99% of heavyweights and it’s game over. Would actually like to see him fight Ruiz Jr. What a chin that guy has.

I’m not convinced we ever see Wilder fight again though. Guy completely lost the plot after his mauling by Fury.

Too thin by far!!! Would love to see a bit more bulk there for sure.

1 Like

Problem for wilder now is he hasn’t full control who he fights. I think he would struggle with Ruiz jr, Joshua and whyte. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets k.o’d at least once in next few fights if he comes back. Bit like when Mike Tyson lost his first. Opponents know he can be beaten. Watched a few wilder fights and seen him get hurt and next round opponents have come out and tried boxing as there wary of big punch. Now they will just keep putting pressure on.
Hope he does come back cos love him or hating him at least he is interesting in build up and he can really wind folk up.

He is also 35, so not going to be easy for him to learn and adapt to a new style. He clearly can’t fight on the back foot. I think Ruiz and Whyte are a nightmare for him. Wilder v Joshua is interesting I think. Joshua a far better boxer but not the quickest. Could see Wilder catching him.

Likewise I hope he does come back. Just have my doubts. He has made his money and he must know the blueprint is now there for how to beat him.

Have been lucky over the years, involved (at a distance) in the sport. Have met some of my heroes, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Joe Cazalghe… a lot more. The best ones though, are those you meet as an amateur and then every few years after they turn pro. David Haye gave me my first big interview, he ignored me for a while and I listed out every fight of his Id been to. 10 mins later he emailed me his number and not long after was telling me he “ejaculated” 15 mins before coming out to fight Tony Booth :joy:

2 Likes

Mike Tyson? Get the f out of here with that!! Close the thread! :joy::joy:

Luckily, it was when he was in a good mood! Even more fortunate was that it was the visit before they refused to let him in the country. Definitely one off the bucket list.

That’s some amazing stuff! Are you Kugan?? :joy:

Haha, we’re probably a similar age but I’m the generation before. Back when a unqualified eejit like myself had to blag his way into press conferences, especially those that Frank Warren had banned certain outlets from attending. Then spend 3 times as long transcribing from a dictaphone, than it took to actually write the article. Ah, written articles, a bygone era!

1 Like