Boxing Manager Ideas

Just wanted to give some things I’ve seen around the community that I like and developers might enjoy as well such as yearly awards, mandatory challengers, going down a weight class, The Ring Belt, suggested retirement. If anyone has got any more ideas just add them below.

3 Likes

That’s a good summary of our current work load (with exception of the weight stuff which we will be addressing in a “fuller” way hopefully early in the NY) :wink:
As ever what makes it out immediately and what gets stashed away for a better time we never know until we play it:)

As well as the first Android/Unity release which will be appearing some time in the not too distant future.

2 Likes

I had another idea in mind. Maybe you guys could add achievements into the game and give the achievements names and some of the names could reference real life fighters example below.

Achievement Name:TBE
Requirements: go 50-0 with any fighter

Achievement Name:PAC-MAN
Requirement: win a belt in 8 divisions

Achievement Name:Old Timer
Requirement: Have a fighter fight until the age of 40

Achievement Name:God Of Boxing
Requirement: win every belt in every division with one fighter

I just think it would be good for the game since it could give players more things to accomplish and you could award players with xp and money for gettin a achievement

5 Likes

I like this. Good shout.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

We’ve had achievements on the back burner for a while now and thanks for the prod :slight_smile:

Love the idea of the names. :):):slight_smile:

It’s something I’ve been requesting for a little but I think save files would be a good idea

1 Like

Is there a chance a fighters birth date and year could be added?

2 Likes

Natural weight, current weight, reach and height would be a nice addition.
Even better if these things affected the game. Training/metabolism could impact how easy or difficult it is to make a weight.

A profile page for each fighter which lists the belts won, awards, career highlights etc.

These are things I would most like at the moment.

4 Likes

And allow fighters to retire after a win

5 Likes

There are certainly ways to go about to personalize the fighters more. One obvious such way of course would be to add height. I would suggest all fighters have different styles as well. It could be something as simple as for example if they were to be either Boxer, Puncher or Boxer/Puncher and then secondary they could perhaps be either Offensive, Defensive or Neutral. Different combinations of those would make for 9 different types of fighters.

If their style would then correspond to them being more effective with different strategies, that would really make things interesting. A tall fighter would be more effective jabbing and moving than a shorter fighter for example. An offensive fighter would do better with pile on pressure an offensive puncher would have a better chance going for a KO etc. I think things like that would make for a very interesting game.

New fighter attributes: Hand speed, Foot work.

1 Like

For our next major version update fighter types as you describe will be implemented in something like this way. We’re quite a way forward in this and, as you say, it does make for a MUCH more interesting element to the game in both making fights but also in how strategies and fight instructions are implemented.

3 Likes

Nice to be able to drop down weight without being champion if you have gone up previously. Have some guys who just can’t hack it at higher weight class.

3 Likes

Yes….the suggest retirement button. Been mentioned a few times. If it ends up in the game that would be nice too.

1 Like

That is interesting. All my fighters have gone through the weights without any problem at all. I don’t think stats changed either - if they did it wasn’t noticeable. Recently went from undisputed welterweight champion to undisputed heavyweight champion.

I’d like it if only a few fighters were capable of greatness at multiple weights. It feels a bit too easy currently to keep moving up weights. A ‘natural weight’ would help solve this, because then fighters would struggle to maintain a weight significantly higher or lower. It could
then be possible for fighters to miss the weight (if the game had pre-fight weigh ins) and the manager gets a fine.

Could negotiate longer training camps if the trainer suspects the fighter will struggle to make the weight. This side of the game would be interesting.

2 Likes

I been a long time advocate for more severe stat changes when moving weight.

I would like a boxer to have a ‘preferred weight’ that changes as the boxer gets older. Perhaps only for champions.

And once you win a title you are able to move up and down as you please.

4 Likes

In reference to the weight classes, having the height and natural weight of a fighter impact on how successful the transition to a higher weight class would be… for example a 6ft middle weight would have less trouble going up weight classes than a 5’8 middle weight

1 Like