Great Scottish champions

Deleted this save but had some great Scottish champs one going 50 n 0 in title fights

2 Likes

Good man. Iv only got 1 Scottish champ in my current game but he is a good one. Just had to drop the WBC though.

1 Like

There is a lot of support on this forum
for Scottish fighters!

My grandfather was from Glasgow, and was a Celtic supporter. I was born in England but have always liked Scotland and kept an eye on celtic scores.

1 Like

Good man DDD. You can support Hibs in the Cup final today then :joy:. It’s a long ass story, but Hibs were instrumental in Celtic being formed. Hibernian literally means Person of Ireland.

1 Like

Edinburgh is my favorite City, love the atmosphere, the people, the weather, the restaurants, the nature…great place.

1 Like

Aye, it’s a good place to live mate. Though very expensive. Us Leithers kind of see Leith as separate though (it used to be). Big party in Leith if Hibs win the cup today. This is Leith walk after we won it 5 years ago.

No parade if we win this year though.

1 Like

Anyway, sorry to everyone for the football chat. I’m just like a wee boy at Christmas when we are in the Cup final.

Cmon the boxing :joy:

2 Likes

Top night out Edinburgh. I was up there for my bday in may 2012. Not a game hibs fans want to remember but atmosphere in pubs was bouncing.
I feel like I know leith like back of my hand. Been reading Irvine Welsh books since I was about 15.
Have to read sentences out loud just to try understand what it says. Not brightest us Yorkshire folk but Scottish dialect is tricky one to read. :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry about your loss…close result.

1 Like

Actually a lot of my DNA can be traced back to Ireland. Grandfather’s grandparents moved from Ireland to Glasgow I think.

I used to go up to Scotland and watch Celtic sometimes.

What do you think about these talks of the Old Firm joining the English Premier League? A topic that keeps appearing every so often.

1 Like

Ah well, I’m used to that at least :grin: Good day with old mates, which is rare these days. Alarm set. Cmon Josh Taylor!

Josh Taylor? Thought you would have sam eggington fight on channel 5. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Bad luck today @TartanTornado

1 Like

Ha, I went to my bed and set my alarm. Only way I was going to make the Taylor fight.

Sorry about that result mate, wanted hibs to win as my team (Aberdeen) were the last team to do the cup double outside of the old firm

2 Likes

Ach it is what it is mate eh. I should be well used to it :joy:. Josh Taylor’s win helped soften the blow for sure.

It’s a shame how the boxing press is more focused on celebrity fights than this, British fighters never win in America, so this was a big one for sure

Aye and he seemed to have everything against him, judges, ref etc. A huge win.

Promotion was shocking. Eddie Hearn would have made him a household name. But TopRank was where he needed to be for the undisputed fight. No idea how long his contact is but can see him moving once it’s done. Arum seemed gutted he won.

Apparently he’s lost the title belts, at the airport

1 Like