Ideas for the future

I got some ideas just wanted to know people’s thoughts

• adding a 4th world title
  • a tournament something like the World Boxing Super Series
  • mandatory challengers
  • when belts get vacated instead of it being assigned to someone there should be a fight set for the vacant title
  • venues
  • setting up your own fight card
1 Like

Hi

Thanks for that list. Aside from the ordering and priority of these how did you know our product roadmap? :wink:

Venues, better fighter contracts and fight cards and contracts are VERY BIG in our thoughts at the moment.

Be good to put these in a poll to see how people rank them.

• adding a 4th world title
  • a tournament something like the World Boxing Super Series
  • mandatory challengers
  • when belts get vacated there should be a fight set for the vacant title
  • venues
  • setting up your own fight card

0 voters

1 Like

Great ideas. Although I think all of them have been suggested before.

They have :slight_smile: But very interested to hear what the sage minds here think is the order of them :slight_smile:

Never really thought about adding a tournament, but it does seem like it could be cool. def should do this after the updates your currently working on

Then make sure you add your vote to the poll above if you haven’t already done so.
Thanks for posting to the forum Albert.

If it Ever get to stage where we could do online fights against each other. I think super series would be a lot of fun. Could come on here and arrange tournaments. Pretty sure I would clear up. :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s hard for me to vote because I pretty much like four of those ideas equally. If I absolutely had to rank them, I’d say 1.venues, 2.4th world title, 3.matches for vacant titles, and 4.mandatory challengers. But all of them are really close for me and I would be equally happy with any of them.

The other thing that I would really like to see is the option to move up in weight for non champions and the option to move down in weight class. That would probably be first on my list, especially if it came with boxers having attributes like walking weight and ideal weight and weight cutting before fights and maybe catch weight bouts.

1 Like

Have being thinking about moving up for non champions as well. I think you should be able to move up when you lose your title. As that’s often the trigger for someone to move up irl. But if you don’t move up after that defeat then the opportunity goes. Otherwise it would be too easy currently to just keep moving up to heavyweight (until you are properly penalised stat wise for moving weight).

2 Likes

Hi,

Are there any approximate timescales on the adding these features?

I appreciate development times can change, just wondered if you could share any more detail.

Thanks

Hi

No timescale or even which we will do. We are careful with giving times/dates etc. They are never correct unless you’ve already done the work. We are also very busy on extending the game to other platforms so it’s a question of prioritising. However, we do try to keep players up to date with where we are with development.

In terms of this either Mandatory defences or Knockout WBSS type thing are very cool and on the easiest side of doing.

We do however have a preference for sorting/completely revising how fighter and fight contracts work. That will unlock MANY MANY MANY cool new things (fight cards, venues, options etc etc etc) that we want to add in order to make the game more realistic in terms of how the business side of boxing works.

1 Like

Totally appreciate your timescale point.

Thanks for the response and keeping the community up to date.

It’s a great game, looking forward to the developments whenever they are ready.

1 Like

Thanks.
We have lots of things to come, some big, some small :slight_smile: But hopefully all cool and meeting the needs of the player.

1 Like

IronMike any chance of us maybe adding a road map to the forum? It would stop people suggesting ideas already in the work and would allow the players to see what coming soon just don’t put dates on the roadmap because false hope is the worse :joy:

Not at the moment. :slight_smile:

Beyond our high level stuff (PC version) so much of the roadmap is player led and extremely agile that we really wouldn’t want to at this stage.

Equally its one thing to get people freaking about things not being on time it’s a 100x worse when people start complaining because we altered our plans:)

Yeah it isn’t an easy ask by any means and I can only imagine putting a date on something the uproar when it’s not there.

1 Like

Publishing dates or stuff like that helps no-one :slight_smile:
We try to be transparent as is possible…

1 Like

You do a good job doing so as well mate keep it up :+1:

1 Like

Now that there are Regional Champions I don’t feel a 4th World Title is necessary.

What would be cool however is a title that links in with one of the current titles, an example being the WBC Silver Belt in real life which should give the holder a mandatory shot at the WBC World Title.

One of my biggest peeves in the game is having an injury prone fighter that wins but always loses his ranking due to being injured for so long. If he could win a Silver Belt and become a mandatory challenger as soon as he is fit it would give a whole new dynamic to the title picture.

It would also feel like you are “earning” the title shot rather than just hitting the top 5 and having 1/2 easy fights until the champion is free to face you (that is if they will face you at all).