Natural Style - question

I’ve noticed something happen probably 6 or 7 times and I’m not sure if it’s a reoccurrence or completely random. As I said 6 or 7 times now I’ve noticed a few of my most promising fighters getting KO’d in the first round by fighters I would expect them to be breezing past. Sometimes almost a mis-match but I’m just wondering if my strategy has anything to do with it. I have been starting these fights with the Natural Style (no emphasis) selected and I’m wondering if it has an effect? Like are my fighters maybe approaching the fight complacent or with their guard down so to speak because the opponent is seen as weaker? Would changing the strategy to something more demanding of my fighters focus help at all? By the way these specific contests aren’t the only upsets I experience, we all love/hate an upset but these seem different, it’s always the first round when it happens and I specifically remember a couple where the opponents punch power (aswell as my fighters chin) just didn’t make sense. Could be complete coincidence I’m just curious as it’s caught my attention, thanks.:+1:

1 Like

Can only give my experience. This has happened to me from time to time as well. I never really adjust the strategy early on in a fighters career. I tend to do it more for the bigger fights later on as it can make a difference.

One thing I will say is to watch out for opponent’s with 20 for power and/or accuracy. This can be a bit of an equaliser and your man who may be huge favourite could be knocked out with one punch. Stay away from these guys.

Yeah I take a similar approach with most of my fighters, sometimes go a bit more risky for some fun haha. I’ll be more aware of who I’m putting these youngsters in the ring with hopefully just a few coincidences. Don’t want to sound like I want the game to be too easy as I thoroughly enjoy it the way it is.

1 Like

Iv been hugely annoyed when my sure thing loses an easy fight early on. But have grown to love that random element of the game. Generally, the favourite will win most times. But I think they have the balance right with the odd upset.

1 Like

Completely agree pal!

1 Like