Usyk v Joshua 2

BS loss for Zhang. I had the bout 115-112 Zhang. Strongly believe he won that fight. Now I’m 1-1 on the night. War Usyk :boxing_glove:

Usyk comeback in round 10!!! After round 9 I thought AJ would take it.
AJ’s legs stiff, he looks tired from round 10.
Usyk is outstanding.
AJ leaning on Usyk instead of hitting him in Round 12??!

1 Like

Good fight, much better bout than the first. But there’s no way AJ won that fight. Aint no way judge 1 was watching the same fight. Seems like the Saudi judges are trying to make storylines/money rather than picking the winners. Almost happened with AJ, did happen with Hrgovic.

2-1 (but I still believe I’m 3-0) on predicting winners, 1-2 on predicting outcomes. Not a bad night.

1 Like

I think Usyk beats Fury. It won’t be a common prediction, but I see Usyk beating Fury on points.

1 Like

Fury would need to stop Usyk. He doesn’t have the conditioning to hang for 12 rounds. Of course I have every faith that Fury could KO Usyk. If AJ could land on him this time around, I think Fury definitely would as well.

This loss certainly made AJ v Fury less palatable for non-UK fight fans tho.

What were peoples thoughts on Joshua’s post fight behaviour.
Throwing belts out of the ring etc did seem bizarre and extremely graceless…

Yes it was very weird. But I think it finally hit AJ that his career is seriously in jeopardy. He’s lost 3 of his last 5 fights. And one of his wins was against a geriatric Pulev so….

He felt the weight of that when he lost. He’s no longer a top contender. He needs to reprove himself against the slew of B level heavyweights of the world before he gets another crack at the Usyk or Fury level. Basically following Wilder on his way down.

This can all be true, but you should never be that much of a poor sport about taking a well deserved loss. Not with all the money, fans, and influence that he has. It’s a bad look for him and the sport.

2 Likes

It was a shame he acted like that. I really enjoyed the fight and thought aj did very well. No where near enough to win but a lot better than I thought he would. If he hadn’t acted like a little bitch at the end he would have come out of that fight with a bit of praise from media, pundits, fans and other boxers. But his masked slipped and he showed his true colours. Am sick of hearing him moan about he had a hard life. He was a millionaire by 23. Am 40 and still as broke as I was when I was kid and I don’t bitch and moan. He’s been eddies golden boy and been looked after. Things don’t go his way so he spits his dummy out and has a tantrum.

1 Like

It would be a good fight but I can’t see usyk beating fury. Usyk would find it a lot harder to get into his rhythm against fury. Around 7th round aj started putting a lot of pressure on usyk and was pushing his around a bit to get him trapped by the ropes. You could see usyk didn’t like it. Aj did a few punches to back of head, held back of usyks head with left and tried throwing about 3 right hand uppercuts. Usyk looked a bit startled and kept looking at ref. Fury would be doing these tricks from round 1. In bm he is a 20 for dark arts. Haha.

1 Like

Human. Emotions. Adrenaline.
Not a big deal really.

1 Like