Amateur Fighters

I was wondering what kind of stats should I be focusing on/looking at when making my decision on what amateur fighter I want to sign. I of course know higher the number the better so I’m more asking what ones matter or is an all rounder better. Plus I wondering how to find or see the potential of my fighters if anyone can help with that.

Ok so obviously a green all rounder is the best choice but if there isn’t any I go for the top 3 stats in green. The two most important in my opinion are boxing skills and physical resilience, I go for 15+. Power and agression comes next, I go for 14+. For physical conditioning and mental attitude I’ll accept lower numbers, sometimes under 11 depending on the other stats. As for the potential, well it’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. :blush:

2 Likes

My whole stable was built from the Amateurs. I was having trouble finding and signing good fighters so I chose the Amateur route. With that being said I typically go for as many greens as possible. If I HAVE to settle for low numbers I only allow it in Physical conditioning and mental attitude. And I only allow it to be yellow nothing lower. Boxing skills, power and aggression, and physical resilience HAVE to be green for me. The higher the better. From experience those seem to be your main important boxing skills. Physical resilience has to be GREEN as I believe this is where chin comes from and a low chin will have your boxer getting KO’d in fights he should and sometimes will be winning.

1 Like

All honesty, I don’t actually sign any anymore unless they are worldly. Once you get your gym to maximum reputation, you’ll notice when they all turn pro you have the option to sign the majority anyway if you are a superstar gym.

That being said, on the new game, with multiple promotional companies you will for sure have to be picking up fighters in the amateurs.

I tend to go for Boxing Skills and Resilience. I’ve got my own development system where now, if you have good Ring IQ and a good chin, I can usually guide you to 20-0 with just that, if you let all the exp build up and don’t spend it till the 20-0 mark, it’s usually around 100,000-150,000 depending on their ability’s.

2 Likes

Cheers for the tips but one thing is what do you mean new game with promotion companies. Is it a new game mode or just a new game?

It’s a whole new setup, it’s really good I’m currently playing it on early testing. It’s everything we have now, but with promotional companies, you make your own shows and stuff, hosting cards at like Wembley stadium etc

1 Like

Holy smokes that’s dope. I think I just missed the sign up for the test. But I’m on the most updated version can’t wait for that to go live.

Yeah it’s really fun and a lot efficient matchmaking. Instead of going through having a roster of 20 people and they all fight different weeks and it’s all stop start, you just whack -5-6 on the same cards, you can also quick result now too, so if you have a clear mismatch, you don’t have to sit there the whole fight. Of course, upsets still happen though!

1 Like