Big Boxing Weekend

2 interesting Saturday cards to kick off Halloween weekend. Joseph Diaz vs William Zepeda is on DAZN, and looks to be a decent card. The main event in particular looks to be a good bout.
But the most intriguing card is definitely Lomachenko vs Ortiz. The main event should be full of fireworks, and don’t sleep on Ortiz, he’s a very talented fighter. The card is far from spectacular, but features a number of very good prospects. My favorites are Troy Isley, Richard Torrez Jr (Olympic Silver Medalist), and Delante Johnson

There’s also a circus posing as a boxing match this weekend, but I won’t delve too far into that.

Circus it may be but after the last few barren months of boxing we will take anything we can.

The “real” sport needs to up its game and fast.

Ortiz fought really well, certainly far better than I’d expected him to do against a game Lomachenko. What’s the next option for both of these guys? It kind of sounds like Haney might go after Loma, which could either be super fun or a sleeper, depending on whether Loma or Haney dictates the pace. For Ortiz, I’d like to see him fight another ranked opponent. His competitive loss to Lomachenko has definitely thrown himself into the spotlight more than he would’ve been with a couple more decent fringe contender fights like he was taking previously. Rolly Romero, George Kambosos, or (to a lesser extent) Maxi Hughes are all well-known guys who are ranked and could be good, winnable matchups for Ortiz. And a win against any of them throws him into a potential big fight bid against one of Pitbull Cruz, Tank Davis, or Cryan Garcia, or even the loser of Loma/Haney.