Corner fighting revision idea

So I have an idea for a way to revise how the corner fighting works, you know like when you tell your fighter to go for the body or jab and move etc.
I think it would be better if there was a mechanic where if you use one tactic too much than the opponent will “adapt” and the tactic will be less effective, or where if you use one tactic a lot in one fight than in the next fight maybe our opponent watched some videos of our fight and the tactic will be less effective.
I think this mechanic will help people try and change it up a bit as well as add some realism

3 Likes

Those are interesting ideas for sure mate. I like them. But I also kind of have issues with the whole idea of corner work. You mentioned realism, well in affect what we have here is a Bob Arum or Eddie Hearn making corner decisions. Which kind of loses a bit of realism for me. Due to that I normally just leave the corner work alone. So my only issue with your idea is that it would effectively force people to do corner work or be penalised.

I would like the whole coaches thing expanded. Have a team, offering different benefits. Being able to hire a ‘Kronk’ type coach at the expense of defence, that kind of thing. And to be able to pass control of corner work to the coach (or continue to manage that yourself). I think at that stage your idea would work brilliantly.

2 Likes

Agree with TT your not the coach of the fighter so actually being the corner as it is isn’t to real. I do think maybe a system where you can collaborate with your coach he gives his input for the fighter and if you don’t agree maybe be able to change what the coach said. All no too realistic however I feel it’s a big part of the game to be removed.

2 Likes

The whole game is really hybridising/abstracting roles whereby trainer, manager, matchmaker and promoter all get blurred in ways that aren’t necessarily true to life.

Once a lot of the other (currently “invisible”) AI characters appear notably the other managers and we bring in others such as cut men etc then we suspect a lot of this can be left to be automatically handled or as each individual player so decides. This again may be true when specific roles such as promoter are given more game tasks (building fight cards etc)

1 Like

I very rarely change tactics. In title fight if I have a round where I dominate I might stick it on to pile on pressure. But for me it could get taken out of game.

1 Like