First ProBox card of the Year!

By request of @Tony82 I’ll be putting out my predictions for every card that I’m interested in and able to watch this year. Maybe I’ll even track my success rate over the course of the year. First up for the year is the first ProBox TV event of the year, headlined by the WBO Latino Super Light title between rising, unbeaten local star Cesar Francis and Jesus Saracho, coming into the fight sporting a 2 fight wins streak, both by mid round TKO. The card is this Wednesday, the 25th, with a start time of (I think, conflicting info on different sites) 7pm EST

Cesar Francis (12-0-0) vs Jesus Saracho (12-1-0) (10 rds, Super Light): Francis by UD

Other fights I care about on the card:

Oscar Alvarez Jr (7-0-0) vs Nicolas Polanco (20-3-1) (8 rds, super feather): Alvarez by TKO RD 2

Lorenzo Medina (4-0-0) vs Cleveland Billingsley III (5-8-0) (4 rds Heavy): Medina by UD

2 Likes

Nice one pal. I get my blinkers on and end up watching loads of uk boxing so your reviews make me watch people I haven’t heard of. Much appreciated pal. :+1:.

2 Likes

The Francis and Alvarez fights are the real fights to watch. Alvarez is a 6 foot 3 super feather with some incredible skill for his age. I’ve seen Francis fight in-person twice, super entertaining young fighter.

Even for ProBox standards, this card is meh. They’ve got a lot of fun young talent, but the best guys aren’t going Wednesday. Hoping to hear about Najee Lopez or Jan Paul Rivera soon

That’s some crazy genetics. 6ft 3 at that weight.
Am 6 ft 2 and 170 pounds and mates say I look like I haven’t eaten for 6 months.haha.

1 Like

Ok update on start time for tonight. 7 EST is start time for their 2 prelims fights, with the main card starting at 8. The fights are streaming free on YouTube or, for an ad free viewing, on the ProBox website/app for a whopping $2 a month or $18 a year

2 Likes

I’m still not convinced you don’t work for pro box :rofl: Didn’t know they showed things on a YouTube channel. 12am start for us. Yeah go on then!

1 Like

YouTube is a new venture for them. They’re probably looking to expand their audience by providing free content.

Alright quick update for those not watching. 30 minute break after the 2 fight undercard, then main card gets underway. 2 first round KOs from the young undercarders, both scheduled for 4 rounds. Lorenzo Medina looks cocky, not sure the upside with him but he’s got some power. Was really impressed with Jorge Carlos, seemed to know how to put his shots together better than I’d expected. Clearly has some pop as well. Looking forward to the rest of the action🥊

Good night of fights last night. Alvarez looked super impressive against a tough Polanco (who’s only truly lost to Javier Fortuna and Albert Bell. The other L was apparently a terrible decision, according to Chris Algieri). The main event was super fun, with Saracho pulling off the huge upset on just three weeks notice to beat the previously undefeated Francis by UD.

Overall, 2-1 for me on predicting winners, 0-3 on specific outcomes. Hopefully I’m better at predicting for the Saturday fights.

Don’t bet my picks @Tony82

1 Like

Totally agree there. I need more boxing in my life not less. Thanks for this.

1 Like