Gervonta Tank Davis

That’s very generous. And yet true;)

We love the mess and the business of boxing. The more chaotic the better. It’s fascinating.
Truly fascinating. And then, occasionally, stunningly brilliant.

1 Like

Yea that’s just insane. I love tank. But if josh Taylor has all four belts wtf are they doing mentioning tank at that weight. It’s ridiculous

1 Like

I think it boils down to a large selection of ‘fans’ in the US actually being fans of PBC and not boxing. They doubt really have much knowledge of the sport. So they just repeat whatever echo chamber they read online.

Being fans of a promotion is something I can never get my head round. There is similar over here with Matchroom fanboys. Who cares what promotion a boxer fights on!?

1 Like

As a Baltimore resident, you know I’d say Tank is the best at 140, best showman and best growing prospect. Will be interesting to see how the Tank - Ricky Garcia saga eventually plays out.

1 Like

After haney washes 135 I’d love to see him vs tank once he washes 140. Would be a nice catch weight

Tank better than Josh Taylor? :joy::joy: On what basis man? He hasn’t fought anyone. He is tiny compared to the likes of Taylor and Prograis. He would get absolutely bullied. I would love the fight to happen as it’s a big scalp and easier than Josh’s previous fights (imo)

I think Tank is good but he is being protected for a reason.

4 Likes

So would I. But Ellerbe isn’t putting him in with any live challengers. It’s a shame really.

I think Floyd is giving him a similar path to the one he took; face great fighters at specific times (age, diminished skill level) to maximize the chances of victory.

Tank is 27 man. By that age Mayweather was a 2 weight champion including the Ring belt at Lightweight.

It’s a shame but until he gets matched with some proper fighters he will never get respect outside his own fan base.

Bottom line no one really has any idea how good he is. He passes the eye test, but most top fighters would against the likes of Barrios and Cruz.

3 Likes

Amongst a few other new features for the forum we have added a few extra things other than “Like” not least for threads like this one when “Like” might not be the sentiment felt by some :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They about to hit the spam button on me! LOL

1 Like

Welp……

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2022/12/28/boxer-gervonta-davis-faces-domestic-violence-charge/10960836002/

And I’m seeing his fans stick up for him online. Mental!

Absolutely horrible. Did you hear the 911 call from the woman? No faking that kind of fear. He did it. Piece of sh!t. He should be forced to drop his belt. The sport of Boxing shouldn’t keep that guy as a face of their sport. Looks bad for everyone else.

Saw it on the Mayweather channel. And about 90% of the comments were saying it was fake. I get it’s pretty complex though, as a lot of his fans are PBC fans. A lot of the politics with all that are a bit alien here in the UK.

And if he’s found innocent then what?

Then I apologize for “jumping the gun.” I’ve got a history of seeing domestic abuse happening around me so I have no patience for the abuser, male or female.

Ok just so you know. I can raise my voice too loud and be charged with emotional DV especially in the usa. Tank has been posting on his ig of his baby momma spitting on him ripping up his shirt with the baby in her arms. We all don’t know the truth but based on the evidence both have presented. A women “crying” on the phone using police talking points “fear for my life” opposed to the man showing he has spit on him. Baby poop on his tooth brush and ripped clothing. I’m leaning towards the man being the victim

I wonder if y’all had the same smoke and hate talk towards jojo Diaz before his most recent fight