Lopez defeat: anyone watch that?

Proper scrap! Did anyone watch and score?
We made it 114-113

2 Likes

I stayed up for it. It was a good fight and entertaining from start to finish. Lopez acted like a little bitch at the end. He was saying he only lost 2 rounds. Haha. I had it about same as you. It was a shame kambosos went down cos scorecard didn’t look that close until then.

2 Likes

Great fight, was satisfying to see Lopez be humbled by a fighter he thought he could take out easily. Did you listen to the corner advice? His Dad sounded deluded and that’s probably the reason Teo sounded so deluded and detached from what actually happened in his post fight-rant. Lost a lot of respect for Lopez after that, he’ll get nowhere if he can’t accept a loss. Also made it clear he had no interest in a rematch and will probably go up a weight now so the Loma rematch won’t happen either. I can see George losing handily to Loma in his first defence

Yeah stayed up for it too. Was delighted :joy:. Great fight as well. I like Teo as a boxer but can’t stand him or his dad. Delusional beyond believe. Calling Josh Taylor a pussy lol. Taylor would absolutely destroy him.

1 Like

I can nominates it as one of the top 20 fights of 2021. Both fighters showed incredible heart, especially Kambodos in the opening rounds. Both fighters were brutal but in the end it was a fair decision. I say rematch, it is a fight that was great.

Can’t see a rematch. Teo will move up to 140. Would like to see him fight Prograis or Ramirez. Those would be tough fights. He will probably pick up another title though as I expect Taylor will vacate and move up after the next fight.

1 Like

A pair of absolute tits. The father in particular needs taking to one side and told to calm the fuck down :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m an Aussie absolutely loved it, it’s a shame George has only got some media attention now he’s been very good for many years.

2 Likes

Congrats. Seems like a great guy. His interviews a breath of fresh air after the nonsense of Teo and his Dad.

And I feel your pain. Watched Josh Taylor get bizarrely ignored as he dismantled 140 bit by bit. US boxing heavily looks down on the rest of the world (unless it’s Mexico).

1 Like

That was a good one and he really deserved the win. Bar the knockdown and it would have been beyond doubt.

1 Like

Very much agree, there’s some very good talent coming out of Australia at the moment can’t remember the last time Aussie boxing was this good with young talent

2 Likes