Losing a title now bankrupts you again

Agree this is a disappointing problem.
Fight by fight negotiations would be better. Maybe there could be an option for the player to hire a negotiator who deals with fight by fight financial agreements (f the player doesn’t want to spend time doing negotiations), or the player could do this themselves.

The contract could be for a number of fights but could also include some financial guarantees - e.g. for title fights, non title fights, if a title is lost, etc. As the game develops more details could be added to contracts.

Very important in my view - a release clause and pay off agreement.

1 Like

We will just change it so that when the fight fee drops so dramatically that the fighter accepts a renegotiation.

We will be doing a full revamp at a later point.

1 Like

This is a good temporary solution.
Longer term, I think this (contracts) could be a very interesting part of the game. Especially if fighters are given a variety of personality traits.

1 Like

I’m assuming that fight purse is connected to box office? I think box office should probably be a lot harder to achieve. No non champions should have 20. You should have to work hard with your fighter to make the big money, taking risky fights etc. This could all be part of the contract.

I’m having this issue too. I couldn’t afford to put a former undisputed champion out for his last fight, he would have made me 100k and cost me 1.2m. He sued and left me, every other prospect I sign decides they don’t like me and won’t renew about 10 seconds after I sign them, so I lose money throughout, and they leave when they are about to pay off.

1 Like

In a strange twist to this tale, I just turned my game back on and my boxer is champion again! The guy who beat me unified and then dropped the belt, which my man picked up :joy::joy:

1 Like

We have some cool stuff in this area. Might have to accelerate those plans now…:slight_smile:

Found myself in a very similar situation, really regret deleting my old save now👀

For those who have suffered we are updating the beta version today with a fix for this.

Fighter’s losing titles and thus suffering from a huge reduction in value will renegotiate that contract with you. The number of fights they will want to renegotiate for will depend on the relationship with the manager but they will now renegotiate rather than bankrupt the manager.

Hi all, new to the forum and love the game.

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

If you like the game then you’ll love it here.

I have been reading the forum fir a few days before I purchased the game.

1 Like

Thank you so much for fixing it. I pointed out a few days ago about the issue, really glad it’s fixed as this game has ridiculous potential.

1 Like

Yes you did mention it :wink:

1 Like

Agree. It is a fantastic game but I am still baffled that there is no contract termination clause.

No need to be baffled It’s merely prioritisation and a finite amount of resource. :slight_smile:
We have a whole slew of contract updates and stuff coming. And not just one contractual clause but many.

1 Like

Nice one IM. I had been stalling playing until the fix so will fire back into it later :sunglasses:

1 Like

You should see that the contract renegotiates now. Hopefully…

1 Like

Will soon find out when I inevitably lose a fight haha. Good stuff getting that done so quickly.

2 Likes