Losing fights I shouldnt be

Ever since the new update I feel like i’m losing fights on decisions that I shouldn’t be. In this fight I has more scoring and power punches in 8 out of 12 rounds and my corner said I was winning the fight right up to the 11th round. If it was a split decision then fine but I lost by so many points and lost all 3 titles.

Without seeing rounds 9-12 hard to say any more.

As ever we always go and check for a change.

It was a special UK judges special added to the update…:wink:

1 Like

Can’t say Iv noticed much difference. Being controversial though, I would say some dodgy decisions should be in the game. As it’s a huge part of real boxing.

1 Like

We think it’s essential! It’s boxing! Every weekend without fail at the moment there’s at least one fight or not more than stinks the place out.

There’s definitely less smelly fights in BM.

For what it’s worth, there’s no deliberate bad scoring in the game. Rather we just have judges have a (small) of amount of variability in what they like for example in various comparisons eg Agg v Defence and scoring punches. It’s enough to make it variable and not every judge score identically but it can (and thankfully) does that the odd controversial one pop up.

1 Like

Good stuff IM. That’s really interesting re the way the judges work. Wee question, I take it you eventually plan to have locations in the game? At which stage home fighter advantage could be a thing as well.

I think creating cards instead of just fights would be great. I know you kind of do at the moment anyway. But picking a suitable venue and filling that card with fighters from that country would create more money, give them better box office etc.

Anyway, that’s a bit of a tangent from bad scoring lol.

2 Likes

Aside from some bigger stuff which we will announce in a few weeks next up will be achievements, hall of fame, more fighter contract and fight contract negotiations (and hopefully cards and venues as part of the latter in some form…)

But more about that and the rest of it soon enough :wink:

1 Like

Would be good to have judges’ names included in the game. Players could become familiar with which judges tend to be unpredictable. It could even influence fight strategy.
Fight locations would also add good depth. E.g. A UK fighter going to the US to fight a fan favorite, in front of their home support.
Moods of fighters going into fights would be good too (nervous, confident, overwhelmed, etc.).

2 Likes

Professional boxing isn’t all about number of shots landed like the amateurs, it’s about damage and from what I see here your guy was exhausted by round 8 and looked significantly more likely to be stopped. However, very impressive to hang in there which could’ve swayed different judges on a different day.

2 Likes

We just love the fact that the fight results and scoring in the game is a debatable thing.
Thats very cool.:slight_smile:

1 Like