Must watch fights from history

Thought it would be a cool idea to post fights that you would class as a must watch for any boxing fan.

Add your favourites below.

I will kick it off with the absolute war between Hagler and Hearns.

3 Likes

If you’ve never seen a Rocky Marciano fight, then you’ve got to watch this. My dad got me into boxing by showing me old fights, including this one. Two legends of the sport going at it. Absolute war.

Marciano vs Walcott

3 Likes

Don’t follow boxing much, but I remember as a young teenager watching the Morales vs Barrera fight with my Dad. I still remember how it felt, like I didn’t breathe for the first 5-6 rounds of that fight. I don’t think I ever saw the 2nd and 3rd fight so I need to go back and watch them!

2 Likes

Wasn’t he backed by the mob? And the mob was forcing ppl to take dives?? I’m asking not accusing

Maybe. In those years I’d imagine all of the big timers were at least approached by the mob.

I used to live like 20 minutes away from Marciano’s family home in Brockton, Massachusetts. Went with my dad once when I was like seven or eight. Was obsessed ever since.

2 Likes

My grandad gave me some video tapes full of random fights when I was a kid. This fight was on it. If you’re a fan of the sweet science then this isn’t for you. If you like 2 big men in a slugfest trying there hardest to ko there opponent then you will love it.

1 Like

Few Joe Calzaghe fights are some must watch boxing fights from Kessler to Roy jones incredible displays of boxing and of course his infamous win over Eubank Sr

1 Like
1 Like

Watched this. Damn, I feel less manly now for sure :rofl:

One of the fights iv watched most is Calzaghe v Lacy. Absolutely incredible performance. People forget Calzaghe was underdog that night. One of the most one sided unifications ever.

2 Likes

I know we have had conversations about calzaghe before on here but got to say it again. He is without doubt the most under rated boxer out of uk.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know how they both stayed in ring for so long. They were both looked ready to drop.

1 Like

Calzaghe v Lacy for those that have not seen it. There is a few online but I like this one with the US Showtime commentary. They start of showing little respect but quickly change their tune :rofl:

2 Likes