My boxers are greedy

I can never seem to make a profit because when a boxer renews his contract, he always wants more than the predicted purse. What am I doing wrong please? Thank you.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Need more detail to help pal. How far into game is your fighter? Generally he wont make money until they get high up in rankings or until they win a belt

Like this. The guaranteed purse is higher than the estimated purse, so generally whichever opponent I select, I’ll be making a loss.

Yes, to a degree.

But you’ll get sponsorship money too which will likely mean you turn a small profit if he wins

Then if he does win, his estimated purse goes up but you still have effectively three more fights at the £192k level, so you make more money in the latter fights of the contract, assuming you match him correctly.

1 Like

Thank you. I do make a profit on the sponsorship, but it’s just during fights. As soon as I make a profit, they want to renew their contracts for more money. Usually for a lot more than their opponents in comparison.

What I do is make them fight on their contract until they have 1 fight left. Then resigned them. That way I can maximize my profit before they renew it

Thank you for your reply.

There are a couple of ways I navigate this

Plan ahead if they are champions, if your fighter has a few fights left, pick the fights he has the best chance of winning, when he has a 1 or 2 fights left either move him up/down a weight and renegotiate the contract.
Because he now is a former champion he will demand far less money per fight and sign on.

If you have multiple champions in the same division, fight them against each other when they have less than 2 fights remaining on their contract and whoever wins move up a weight, the loser will more than likely become interim champion.
Renegotiate their contracts and it will cost a lot less.

But sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and pay the fighters what they want if you want to keep them in your stable

:boxing_glove: