Some suggestions for future versions

Just wanted to chime in with some suggestions for future versions.

I think more varied commentary is needed. Including text of different combination punches would be a good start and make the fights more interesting I should think.

When a title is vacated right now the belt goes to the highest ranked contender who doesn’t have a fight scheduled. They are basically gifted the belt. Better to have a fight arranged between the two highest available contenders (and if such a fight is already scheduled prior to the vacancy, then the winner of that fight would obviously become champion). If your fighter was suitable you could perhaps get an offer to fight for the title.

More rigid rankings within the top ten of a sanctioning body (and especially the top five). Your fighters top ranking should not be overtaken so easily by someone else just because he hasn’t fought for 4-8 weeks. If my fighter is #1 for example I would expect him to stay that way despite him not fighting for a while (maybe these things will be sorted with mandatory fights and such). Basically, to get within the top ten, you should have to beat someone in the top ten. Rarely does someone drop down the rankings at the top unless he loses. It’s frustrating right now to drop from the #1 spot because you’re waiting for the right time to challenge the champ.

Anyway, these are just some suggestions I have.

3 Likes

Some good suggestions I think.

With the rankings point, it’s interesting to compare the game with what happens in real life. Think about Dillion Whyte. RE: Fury and Wilder 1, Fury got a title shot after quite a long period of inactivity. In contrast I think Whyte has been very active, but hasn’t had his chance yet.

I think it’s a difficult task to create a realistic boxing manager game with regards to rankings and belts, because the reality is not always logical or clear.

Cool thread and thanks for the suggestions.

More love to the fight screens and commentary is definitely needed. We know that people like to rush through these screens but there is so much happening that we can definitely make it more entertaining not to rush through the fights :wink:

Think Iv mentioned it before but I would like the commentary jazzed up a bit for title fights.

“Winner by unanimous decision…. And the NEW…… heavyweight champion of the world…. “

1 Like

….is Scottish? I have a feeling you might be thinking that.

Haha, I’m honestly not some Nationalist nut mate. I don’t even hate the English. That much. :wink::joy:

1 Like

Ha, ha, just joking.

1 Like

Said the man who “made us” (rightly it’s worth adding) add to the four UK nations as separate countries :slight_smile:

1 Like

In fairness I only asked for about a year :joy:. Best change you ever made to the game in my opinion lol.

1 Like

Haha. Sure I once saw a post from you saying you were off on a snp rally? :wink::joy::joy:

Now come on mate, that’s like me saying all you fine English chaps spend your evenings Morris dancing and guarding statues :wink::joy:

Wow this thread went off topic :joy:

1 Like

How do you know my plans this weekend? Are you spying on me? Haha

1 Like

:joy::joy: don’t forget to throw some plastic chairs as well.

Been a Yorkshire man i will be off to work down pit then going ferreting first. Haha.

Being a Scot I will grab my kilt and hop over on my unicorn to laugh at you.

Yeah, the unicorn is Scotland’s official National animal. What kind of country has a mythical beast as their national animal :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

Learn sumat new everyday. Can see why Scots keep that quiet.
Brave heart film wouldn’t have been the same if they were waving unicorn flags. Haha

1 Like

It also wouldn’t be the same film if it was in any way factual :joy: I’m a leither anyway, Trainspotting more realistic to what I grew up around lol

Kes is your neck of the woods then Tony? That football scene is hilarious!

Haha yes that’s my neck of woods. I hate hearing Yorkshire accent on tv. Think we sound proper thick. Never seen it to be honest with you. Not right good at watching films. I get bored and switch off so I don’t really bother. Haha

1 Like