Your favourite boxers

Nice to see Frank Bruno in there. It would be hard for younger folks to appreciate just how popular Bruno was in the UK. Was never the best but glad he eventually won the title.

2 Likes

The Bruno v Tyson sky doc was epic mate if you haven’t seen it

1 Like

Yeah Iv seen it mate. Great doc. Remember watching both the fights live. That big moment when Bruno rocked Tyson.

Strangely the UK had a real all time heavyweight great in Lewis at the time but didn’t really get behind him. Weird bunch on these Isles :joy:

1 Like

Was Bruno actually that popular in the day?

Yes, although popular/very well known in a general public sense would be more true.

Most of his career was shown on BBC1 on a show (feel very old) called Sportsnight and then standalone shows. He was a celebrity very early on in his career.

You have to remember that In the 80s Britain hadn’t had a Heavyweight world champion for almost 100 years. Suddenly we had Bruno who looked like a real contender. He was also a bit of a big friendly giant, so was always on chat shows etc. In the 80s your gran probably wouldn’t know anything about boxing but she knew who Frank Bruno was :joy:

2 Likes

122 - Steph Fulton
130 - Colbert
135 - Loma & Lopez
140 Prograis & Taylor
147 - Spence, Ennis (future p4p 1), Porter
154 - no one at top really (neutral), I do like Madrimov tho
160 - GGG
168 - Plant, Benavidez Berlanga
175 - Beterbiev
HW - Fury & Usyk, Jared Anderson, Efe Ajagba

All Time:
Mike Tyson
Pacquiao
Riddick Bowe
Aaron Pryor
Tommy Hearns
Jack Dempsey
Gene Tunney
Benny Leonard

Damn you went all out there mate. Good stuff :blush:. Not a fan of Canelo though huh haha

1 Like

I really dislike Canelo for a number of reasons but not trying to start world war 3 in the forums - enough of that going on right now with Crawford fans on Instagram (follow @CFSportsClub_) lol - gotta network where I can

1 Like

Ha!
What are your reasons?

Apart from been a drug cheat and cherry picking his fights I think he is a likeable character.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy:

Current

Haney
Shakur
Spence jr

All time

Floyd
Roy jones
Andre ward

Modern favorites

1. Canelo
  2. Loma
  3. AJ

All Time

1. Mayweather
  2. Mike Tyson
  3. Ali

Modern
1 Tyson F
2 Canelo
3 GGG

All time
1 Stanley Ketchel
2 Mike Tyson
3 Chris Eubank

Current

Bud Crawford
Shakur
Loma/Tank I’m weird I know

All time

Floyd Mayweather
Mike Tyson
Andre Ward/Roy Jones

yeah that is weird.

That’s raise a few eyebrows here :wink:

1 Like

It’s something about him that I like don’t know exactly what though :man_shrugging:t5: :rofl:

1 Like

Still sticking with my current 3 favourites (had to look to see who I put). Josh Taylor still the man. And square go for anyone that says otherwise :grinning:

1 Like

My favorite are
Inoue
GGG
Wilder

1 Like

Current

1. Zhang Zhilei
  2. Jairo Noriega
  3. Zurdo Ramirez

All-Time

1. Sergio Mora (shocker I’m sure)